YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW MEATY THIS BBQ PULLED MUSHROOM IS!
We are loving the pulled mushroom trend at the moment. Chewy, sticky, and satisfyingly meaty without any of the meat, this recipe is so moreish we reckon it could convince even the biggest of mushroom haters that these veggie heroes aren't so bad after all. AND they're fab for vegan BBQ guests.
The speedy nature of this recipe makes it THE perfect dish to whip up for a weeknight dinner. We've used king oyster mushrooms as their meaty texture and thick stem make perfect pork like shreds. But if you can't get your hands on this majestic fungi, you can use Portobello mushrooms instead.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Process Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
IngredientsFor the mushrooms
king oyster mushrooms
- 2 tbsp.
- 1 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1 tsp.
- 3 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (220°C Fan.)
- Using a fork, shred the mushrooms into pieces.
- Spread the pulled mushrooms over a baking tray and top with olive oil, smoked paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder and salt. Using your hands, combine until the shreds of mushroom are all coated and
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway. You're looking for the mushrooms to turn slightly golden and approximately halve in size.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the BBQ sauce. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the BBQ sauce is warmed through. Serve in brioche buns with salad and your choice of sauce (we love creamy vegan mayo).